Sunday, December 14, 2008

Darwin Revelation

After reading about Darwin that biggest revelation that I had was about the relationship between parents and their children and the genes and personality traits are passed down. Natural selection works by taking more favorable traits and passing them down instead of more unfavorable traits. This can be used to see why some people are better things then others. To show that natural selection was real Darwin used finches and the different beaks that they had and which one were better for the area that they were living to be able to get there food. “Darwin’s finches, establishing the fact of natural selection operating in real time- that is, in the biologically brief period of a few decades.” (Appleman 9) He found that there were thirteen different kinds of finches. I think that it is really interesting that we are able to see that natural selection is real in such a of time using the finches proving that it is something that takes place in most generations if not all. This means that children should be good at the same things that each parent is good at and there for would get more intelligent from generation to generation at least in these those areas. I think that is was what I found most revelation because it something that can help me understand myself and others around me better. Knowing more about natural selection can help me understand why I enjoy the same things that my parents do with more then just the simple that how I was raised.


In this video it talks more about Darwin’s finches and how important they were, and how they changed because of there food sources.


Works Cite

Appleman, Philip. Darwin. 3rd. New York: Norton, 2001.

No comments: